Elections take place Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Are you registered to vote? If not, select here to find out how!
Select the below names which will link you to their statements provided to the elections office.
- You can also select here to visit the Multnomah County Elections Division listings.
- Select here to find information about the Political Action Committee ( PAC 16241 ) formed to support four of the candidates below.
- Here is an article on this election, from the Oregonian dated 4/18/2013.
Position 2 Director
Position 3 Director
Position 4 Director
Position 5 Director
The People and Their School District
CSD BOARD POLICY CODE: AB
The Board believes: (a) the public schools belong to the people who created them by consent and who support them by taxation; (b) the schools are only as strong as the support received from an informed public; and (c) the support of the people must be based on knowledge and understanding of the aims and efforts of public schools.
The Board, therefore, reaffirms and declares its intent to:
– Keep district citizens regularly and thoroughly informed through communication of school system policies, programs, concerns and planning and to carry out this policy through the efforts of the Board and district staff;
– Invite the advice and counsel of people in the district, especially at open Board meetings;
– Support citizen advisory committees to consider concerns which affect the district.
END OF POLICY